Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Thin Mint Cupcakes

Thin Mint Cupcakes!

              Chunks of thin mints and ganache filling
God bless those girlscouts! They know how to make a mean cookie! Who doesn't love Thin Mints- so who wouldn't like a Thin Mint Cupcake??  I started by crunching an entire sleeve of cookies for 12 cupcakes. Yes, that means these bad boys are loaded with yummy cookie chunks. I added the cookie chunks into my chocolate batter and baked. Then I whipped up some ganache and put some in the center of each cupcake. For the frosting- I added some mint to my basic buttercream frosting (okay it was Schnapps)and garnished with a cookie. My cousin, Travis, who has a serious sweet tooth (like all Sharps) was visiting when I made these and he downed 2 immediately- I'll take that as a compliment. I hope you enjoy these as much as Travis and I did! Now, if we can just get the girlscouts to sell these year-round....

No comments:

Post a Comment